Smartphone Photography Workshop in Brighton
Sunday 1st July 2018 - 2-6pm
Smartphone Photography Workshop
4 hour workshop
Improve your composition skills
Learn how to take great photos
Explore interesting locations
Discover different ways of seeing
This 4 hour workshop is for those who would like to learn to take better pictures with their smartphone whilst discovering different ways to see Brighton.
It’s also for those who wish to discover Brighton and see things from a different perspective.
And for those photographers starting out with dslr cameras, this is a great opportunity to work on compositional skills.
Participants will learn how to transform their images through good composition, framing, creative use of available light and the use of apps to edit and apply artistic filters.
The maximum group size will be 8 people which will allow Gill time to spend with each person.
The minimum group size will be 2 people for the workshop to run. Should the minimum number not be met, Gill will offer a full refund to participants.
- Creative composition and camera app tutorial
- Guided walk through an area of Brighton
- Review of images
- A pdf to remind participants of skills learned
On the day:
- We will meet in a cafe and Gill will go through smartphone photography skills
- We will walk and discover an area of Brighton. Gill will provide historical information and place our thoughts within a contemporary urban context
- We will use smartphones to make photos with support from Gill
- At the end of the day we will enjoy a drink (on Gill) and edit our images with support from Gill
- Gill is happy to review up to 5 images from each participant via We Transfer after the workshop
What to bring with you:
- A smartphone
- Comfortable shoes and clothing
- Your enthusiam